Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meet the Bakers

Hello! We are Christy Snavely and Kristy Weaver. We have been friends for about three years now and not only share a fantastic first name, but also a love of baking and trying new things. We initially started baking together and I believe our first attempt was a pastry from the Rachel Ray magazine (picture below). We had so much fun doing that, that we decided we would get together as often as we can to try new recipes, make old recipes better and just have fun along the way. We have done piroshkis, jam, lemon curd and quiches to name a just a few of the items we have baked. We hope you enjoy the ride with us and always remember "At least you can tell its homemade". :)




Christy Snavely
I'm the "C" of the C&K bakery team. My name is Christy and I didn't grow up baking nor do I come from a family of bakers. In fact, the chocolate chip cookies I grew up on were Nestles Slice-n-Bake cookies. My mom worked a full time job so she did not have the time nor the money to make homemade chocolate anything! That is Until Rachel Ray's debut on the food network. Now she is a cooking fool, collecting subscriptions of Everyday with Rachel Ray. A couple of years ago for Christmas my mom even gave me a year free subscription to her magazine. Go figure...Oh we had thirty minute meals alright, that consisted of ground beef tacos or spaghetti with iceberg salad ranch dressing. Dessert if we had anything consisted of packaged cookies and vanilla ice cream with Hershey's Chocolate syrup. After growing up on Sizzler for the all you can eat salad bar, ground beef tacos and spaghetti, I'm not sure how at age thirty-something i've become an obsessed "Foodie", working a catering job and taking professional baking classes. Where and how this all came about is beyond me.


Kristy Weaver
I started baking when I was seven years old with Chocolate Chip Cookies which I would send to my uncle and grandparents in Arizona. The kitchen has always fascinated me - how you can have these random ingredients in your cuboard but then by mixing them together, it creates something fantastic (well most of the time). I am by no means a professional, but I will try pretty much any recipe I find. I enjoy the challenge of baking something new- finding out if I can do it and make it taste good. I hope this blog helps you be inspired to try something. Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment