Monday, September 19, 2011

The BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...EVER

I swear my post title is not lying to you; these are absolutely THE BEST oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever tasted. Here are some fact to prove my title is not lying:


1. My husband is against anything oatmeal cookie related. He, however, could not stop eating these cookies.
2. I am on a diet and I broke my diet for one day specifically to eat these after I made them bc I couldn't stop with just a taste test.
3. I invited my parents over to try them and they ate 5 each, then took 7 more each to take to the movie with them. Then they asked me to get back the remaining cookies I had given to my inlaws and give to them. Haha.


I promise you won't be able to have just one. If you don't like them - I will personally make some and send them to you to try again (maybe). Ha-Ha.**

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs (i prefer mine at room temp)
2 tbsp milk (i used whole, though buttermilk would work as well)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups old fashioned oats (i used slightly over four cups)
2 cups raisins* (i didn't measure mine out - just dumped in until I liked how it looked)
*chocolate chips or nuts can be substituted/added as desired


 Heat oven to 375F. In bowl, blend shortening with the white and brown sugars, adding the sugars gradually. Add eggs, blending between each, milk and vanilla; beat well until mixed throughly. Add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing well. Stir in oats and raisins (or other additions). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. I fit 12 cookies onto each sheet. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. I baked mine for 12 and let them sit on sheet for a couple minutes after I pulled them out to cook for a little bit longer. Remove from tray and let cool on wire rack. Makes about 46 cookies. Enjoy with a nice glass of milk!   


HAPPY BAKING!
Kristy

**Please note this step before you begin: Employ a hearty group of anxious children who want to help, but more so want a chance to lick the beaters. According to my eldest daughter, "Look Mom, we're chefs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment