Wednesday, September 21, 2011

*Peach* Reduction Sauce

In case you are wondering, this IS a sauce which can accompany the Southern Peach Pound Cake (detailed here). I created this sauce on Sunday for my FIL's 76th(!) birthday party to go along with the pound cake I made. It ended up being a DELICIOUS addition and was so easy to make I will probably make it again and again. Sadly I didn't take a picture of anything, but you will have to TRUST me that it was delicious.

Peach Reduction Sauce

about 4 cups fruit (frozen or fresh)[I used 4 large peaches],
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 tbsp cornstarch (to thicken)
Add 1/4 cup orange zest

Slice and peel fruit if neccessary. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and mix thouroughly. Heat over medium heat, bring to a rolling boil. Continue boiling for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and continue heating until fruit is tender. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately (or seal in airtight container to serve later). Makes a delicious addition to cakes, ice cream, pancakes....basically anything you want to!

Happy Baking!
Kristy

1 comment: